[Histonet] Expiry date of NBF

Joseph Saby saby_joseph_a <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 18 16:46:59 CDT 2011

We use the expiration date on the formalin as the use by date.  By the time the
solution would be out of date, the tissues should be very well fixed, so the
formalin becomes just a holding solution.

Joe Saby
NAMSA

________________________________
From: "amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com" <amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2011 12:29:58 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Expiry date of NBF

Dear Histonetters,

I require one clarification on declaration of  expiry date of 4% nutral
buffer formalin (NBF) prepared in our lab ( from 40% solution) ?

Do you declare the expiry date of this prepared solution ? If so what
criteria do you follow for this?

Important to mention that  we have to archive these tissue in NBF for 5
years as part of GLP toxicology.

Your experience or view on these points are welcomed.

Amita