[Histonet] DMSO in Tissue processor

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 12 09:27:21 CDT 2011

DMSO is always used in very small amounts and I am not aware of any restrictions about its use with any type of tissue processor.
René J.

From: Debra Siena <DSiena <@t> statlab.com>
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:30 PM
Subject: [Histonet] DMSO in Tissue processor

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping that I could ask a question about the use of paraffins with DMSO in tissue processors.  I was wondering if there are any tissue processors that recommend or specify that paraffins containing DMSO not be used.  I am not aware of any of the older versions but just wondered about the newer microwave processors and other newer versions of processors now on the market.  Thanks for all your help!

Debbie Siena HT(ASCP)QIHC
Technical Manager | StatLab Medical Products
407 Interchange St. | McKinney, TX 75071
Direct: 972-436-1010  x229 | Fax: 972-436-1369
dsiena <@t> statlab.com<mailto:maubrey <@t> statlab.com> | www.statlab.com<http://www.statlab.com/>