[Histonet] hematoxylin washed off

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sat May 7 06:35:11 CDT 2011

We had a similar thing happen last week, except in our case it was the eosin was very pale & the hematoxylin was more blue than purple.  Through our troubleshooting steps, we determined it could have only been the processor reagents.  We fully changed it and the problem went away. While I am delighted that the staining has returned to normal, I have no idea what really happened.

Here are some of my first thoughts:

Have you checked your reagents on the stainer? Same lot numbers, differerent lot number? Do you use progressive or regressive technique? If regressive, are your differentiating/bluing reagents new since the processor change? Did you use new/different reagents on the processor?  Did you wash the bottles/dishes with a cleaning solution that, maybe, didn't get fully rinsed out? Or do the dishes need stronger cleaning?

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone