[Histonet] ASCP Route 2 HT Certification

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Wed May 4 16:42:00 CDT 2011

Your best answer will come from ASCP so contact them directly. The number should be on the application

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Eric Velazquez
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:37 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] ASCP Route 2 HT Certification

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with the following questions:

1) What happens to the money if I were to submit my transcript and my fees for the exam and end up not qualifying? Do I lose my money or is it credited for when I do qualify?
2) How do I determine what classes are considered BIO and Chem? Does the prefix for the course ID have to contain BIO or Chem?
3) Can the courses taken be similar? Example: School A: I took Chem10: Intro to Chemistry & School B: Chm:3 Chemistry basics. If these classes are interchangeable between schools do they still count or does it have to be a more difficult chemistry course for it to qualify?
4)Is there anyway to check if you do qualify before paying exam fees?
5)Do you have to pass the class with a C or higher? I took a BIO class years ago and received a D, but I was given the credited hours for the course.

Route 2 for HT certification for ASCP
At least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry, or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry, AND one year full time acceptable experience in a histopathology (clinical, veterinary, industry or research) laboratory in the U.S., Canada or an accredited
laboratory* within the last ten years.

Thanks,
Eric

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.