[Histonet] Histology Waste in Florida

Sheila Haas micropathlabs <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 2 06:10:15 CDT 2011

We have our xylene, alcohol and formalin all hauled away.
Where you  and the quantity are may dictate how to handle the alcohol and
formalin, every city/county are different. Be sure you get the information in
writing if you get someone of authority to tell you it's okay to pour down
the drain. Hope this helps.

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Supervisor
MicroPath Laboratories, Inc.

________________________________
From: "histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com" <histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Fri, April 29, 2011 6:04:25 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Histology Waste in Florida

Hi Histonetters,

This is a question specific to Florida.  Can you share with me what your
facilities do with regards to the disposal of formalin and alcohol?  With
regards to formalin, do you recycle, haul it away, neutralize etc?  With
regards to alcohol, do you haul away, pour down the drain, recycle etc?
Does anyone have any specific regs that could help answer these questions?

Thanks!