[Histonet] RE: Poll on B5

Setlak, Lisa LSetlak <@t> childrensmemorial.org
Thu Mar 31 15:33:00 CDT 2011

We still use it but are in the process of evaluating alternatives in order to phase it out. So far it looks like B-plus is winning.
Lisa
Children's Memorial Hospital- Chicago

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pitts, Jaclyn S. (Jackie), HT(ASCP)
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:23 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Poll on B5

Hello all.
I was asked by our director to try to come up with a list of places that
do still use and do not still use B5. We are working hard on trying to
get to be a mercury free facility and other than the B5 we use for bone
marrows we are mercury free. So, if you all could be so kind as to send
me a response that would be much appreciated. I would like to know what
you currently use, if you used B5 in the past or if you are currently
using B5 now, and hospital name. I would absolutely appreciate any and
all comments and help you all can provide. Thank you!

Jaclyn Pitts, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnician
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
E-mail: pitts.jaclyn <@t> mayo.edu