[Histonet] Peripheral smear review

Robert Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:25:01 CDT 2011

Gary Martin, I'd be very interested in knowing what response you get
to your presentation. I'm certainly available by e-mail if anybody
wants to know more.

Remember when you copy my note to include the comment about
coverslipping which I posted later.

I'd add further: The pathologist's task in reviewing the slides is to
correlate the patient's history, the microscopic appearance of the
blood smear, and the blood count data, in order to produce a
consultation report useful to the attending physician in caring for
the patient.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN
rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
From: "Martin, Gary" <gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org>
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 88, Issue 39
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information
concerning peripheral smear review. It seems that most respondents are
doing this the way we presently do. I have to say that I agree totally
with Dr. Richmond's method. I will be presenting the idea that these
slides are "consults" not just a tech issue.
Many thanks
Gary (in California)