[Histonet] Ordering Chemicals

Salim Yalcin Inan salim.inan <@t> gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 05:08:19 CDT 2011

Dear Histonet Members,

I am trying to build a neuroscience laboratory from scratch in Turkey. As
you can imagine, there are many different things, I have to deal with.
I have some questions about ordering basic chemicals for histology. Since
there are many different qualities of the same product (for example; 21
different NaOH in Sigma catalog), I am not sure which one is better for
histology and immunohistochemistry.
Could it be possible to write me the company name and the catalog number of
the chemicals, that I have listed below, so I can order correct ones?
Any other suggestions and advices, as well as donations would greatly be
appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Salim Yalcin Inan, PhD
Department of Pharmacology
Meram Faculty of Medicine
University of Selcuk
42080 Meram, Konya, Turkey
Phone: +90 507 206 9662 (cellular)
Phone: +90 332 223 6624 (work)
E-mail: salim.inan <@t> gmail.com

FOR PBS SOLUTION
- Sodium Chloride
- Potassium Chloride
- Sodium Phosphate (monobasic)
- Potassium Phosphate (monobasic)

FOR SUCROSE SOLUTION
- Sucrose
- Sodium Azide

FOR PFA SOLUTION
- Paraformaldehyte
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Hydrogen Chloride

FOR CRESYL VIOLET STAINING
- Cresyl Violet
- Glacial Acedic Acid
- Absolute Ethanol
- Xylene or Histoclear
- Mounting media (Permount)

- Ready to use microscope slides and cover slips