[Histonet] Ventana's Basal Cell Cocktail

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Wed Mar 30 15:09:33 CDT 2011

Sharon,

I do a CK34BE12 & P63 cocktail for basal cells & charge for only one stain.  That being said, you can absolutely charge for 2 as P63 in nuclear & the CK34BE12 is cytoplasmic, so the pathologist can discern one from the other.  I am considering setting it up as a double charge in the future if our volume for it continues to climb as it has been lately.

Glen Dawson  BS, HT(ASCP) & QIHC
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sebree Linda A
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:10 AM
To: Sharon.Davis-Devine; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Ventana's Basal Cell Cocktail

Sharon,

We're actually doing a triple stain of HMWCK + p63 + p504S but charging
as a single stain.  I am advocating charging for at least 2 of the 3
stains (done in 2 separate runs) since one can easily differentiate
between 2 different chromogen colors.  The jury's still out.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792