[Histonet] RE: OT: April Fool's Nonsense

Baldridge, Lee Ann lhadley <@t> iupui.edu
Tue Mar 29 14:53:53 CDT 2011

We found a cockroach in our lab years ago. Placed it in a formalin container and put it in line to be gross.  We filled out the patient history sheet with the name "Ima Roach". We thought the pathologist was going to break her neck getting out of the chair. LOL!!!

Lee Ann Baldridge
IUSM
Indpls.,IN.
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ingles Claire
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:28 PM
To: Lemke, Nancy; Breeden, Sara; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: OT: April Fool's Nonsense

I get a bit creative with my joke slides and actually use old tissue to cut out shapes . Process, embedd, etc. and put them on slides and give to the doc. in the middle of his other cases. I have a pumpkin face on one with the slide labeled "O'Lantern, Jack" etc. I have also been known to use those cute bits of different shaped confetti and taped them to a slide for the docs. (coverslipping doesn't work too well as they are so thick).
Claire