[Histonet] RE: OT: April Fool's Nonsense

Lemke, Nancy NLEMKE1 <@t> hfhs.org
Tue Mar 29 09:32:13 CDT 2011

The absolute best one I ever witnessed was when I worked in a histo lab that was next to the microbiology lab.  To set up the director, some one came in with a stool specimen cup that was used in parasitology.  It had a very official patient sticker on the side and was shown to the director.  He was told that a test had been ordered that the tech did not recognize.  The director was also unfamiliar with the requested test, so he asked what the exact nature of the specimen was, something that must have happened often, so the tech pulled the lid off of the container, whipped out a tongue depressor and stirred up the tan, gloppy contents, all the while looking like he was going to retch.  He then scooped up a large dollop of the contents and ate it!!!  The director came very close to apoplexy as did everyone else in the lab.  At that point the tech shouted "April Fools!" and revealed that the container had butterscotch pudding in it!  It took quite a while to calm down the lab, but the joke was gleefully told throughout the hospital!
For strictly histo, it is always good to have a tray of slides of odd items, such as ffpe hotdogs, etc and see how far the diagnosis goes!
Nancy W Lemke
Research Coordinator
Hermelin Brain Tumor Center
Neurosurgery Research
Henry Ford Hospital
Detroit, MI
(313) 916-8648
________________________________
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden, Sara [sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] OT: April Fool's Nonsense

I like what I've gotten so far but I'm obviously a lot more evil than
some of you... I'm thinking about how I could temporarily glue the radio
station dial on the boss's radio to classical music in order to keep him
from listening to Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck.  Or Saran Wrap over the
urinal.  Vaseline on office door handles. Filling one of their offices
with bubble wrap.  Gluing their desk drawer shut (the one with the food
in it).  Let's get SERIOUS here - I need more!  I want people to be glad
I've retired!  Heh...heh...

No pathologists were harmed in the making of this Tomfoolery.  Darn it.
And, yes, I do have work to do today... so far, anyway.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

1101 Camino de Salud NE

Albuquerque, NM  87102

505-383-9278 (Histology Lab)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that
may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected
from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance
on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this
email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the
email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using
e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy Policy and Henry Ford My Health
at www.henryford.com for more detailed information. If you do not believe that
our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send
e-mail or Internet communications to us.