[Histonet] storage of 10% NBF

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Mar 17 15:29:54 CDT 2011

We buy a cubitainer of 10% Buffered formalin and keep on the benchtop for
dispensing.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Chen, Shu-Cheng
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:19 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] storage of 10% NBF

Hi,

We are asked by our safety officer to find out what the common practice is to
store 10% NBF. Is it in the chemical hood only or solvent bunkers? Can the
un-opened jars be stored in regular cabinet or on bench top? As far as I know
formalin is not flammable. Your experience and knowledge in this area are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Shu-cheng
New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.