[Histonet] Processing animal fat

Grantham, Andrea L - (algranth) algranth <@t> email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:09:50 CDT 2011

Peggy,
Is your whole program one hour or is each station one hour?

We had a project here a few years ago that we called "the bacon project" because we had whole chunks of pig skin with an implant and lots of fat in between the layers. It was fixed for a couple days in 10% NBF and then processed with one hour for each station starting in 70% ETOH and ending in 4 paraffins on a VIP. Turned out beautiful. Did trichromes and they were stunning - red, white and blue! The sections were big - about 2.5 cm square - took almost all of the space in the cassette.

Andi