[Histonet] glass coverslippers

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:40:44 CDT 2011

I agree - I have a totally Leica lab except for my Sakura tape
coverslipper and I would not trade it for anything.  I test-drove the
Leica glass but it seemed that there were more minute ("my-noot")
adjustments than for the Space Station and I could see problems down the
line (sorry, Leica!).   I know some love tape and some hate it but it's
the absolute easiest to use and adjusting for drip (xylene) and length
of coverslip (for those pesky Ventana-labeled slides) is a breeze. My
bosses have no issues with optical quality or photography with the tape,
either.   Tape:  Hoo-rah!