[Histonet] Re: Storing slides in buffer

Andrea Marion amario3 <@t> uic.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:57:16 CDT 2011

It makes sense that some epitopes might be more sensitive than others. For
48 hours, I would probably store in just PBS, and leave out the detergent
(I am assuming the 'T' in your PBST is Tween). Even though Tween is a weak
detergent, I would worry that long-term detergent treatment might dissolve
the cell membranes or solubilize some proteins, rather than just
permeabilizing the membrane.

I've successfully done staining for phospho-serine 10-histone 3, cleaved
caspase 3, and cardiac troponin T after an extra day stored in PBS at 4
degree.

Andrea Marion
Graduate Student
University of Illinois - Chicago
amario3 [at] uic [dot] edu

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone has much experience storing slides in buffer
(PBS-T) after retrieval for up to about 48hrs at 4C? Is it likely that they
will still stain? Or is it going to be entirely dependent on the epitope?

I'm optimizing research antibodies right now and I'd like to decrease my
turn around time by knocking off the HIER at an earlier time point.

Thanks.

--
Stacy Deppeler.

Research Assistant