[Histonet] validation

kristina johnson kjohnson <@t> moellerdermatology.com
Tue Mar 15 11:31:44 CDT 2011

I work for a dermatologist that is starting up a brand new Histology lab and
I have never had to validate machines before (everywhere I worked already
had already had that completed).  Is there a set amount of runs on the
processor that have to be proformed? How many slides need to be viewed in
order to validate the stainer? What type of documentation is needed? The
list goes on.where would I find this information?  The Doctor is not
interested in CAP so we will not be inspected by them but does CLIA have any
involvement in validation.?