[Histonet] Control Slides

Debra Siena DSiena <@t> statlab.com
Thu Mar 10 16:17:42 CST 2011

One of the things that I usually suggest is that when every time that you cut the control, sequentially number the slides and test the first section and the last to make sure that you have not cut through the area of interest and keep that slide as part of the quality assurance/quality control.  If both sections fit, you could even put on the same slide and mark which is which for cost and space savings.

Debbie Siena HT(ASCP)QIHC
Technical Manager | StatLab Medical Products
Direct: 972-436-1010  x229

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Tony Henwood
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:11 PM
To: 'Sheila Fonner'; 'Amador, Amanda'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Control Slides

Sheila,
I believe that Amanda is referring to control slides cut for the Steiner Modification of the Warthin-Starry stain not for immunohistochemistry.
I would be surprised if the control slides for the Steiner's would "go off". It is possible that the technique has gone out of control.

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA