[Histonet] Control Slides

Sheila Fonner sfonner <@t> labpath.com
Thu Mar 10 06:52:48 CST 2011

Amanda,

You will lose antigenicity on the spirochete control slides after that long
of a period.  We usually cut no more than 10 in advance, and we keep them in
the refrigerator.  Hope this helps.

Sheila HT (ASCP)
Knoxville Dermatopathology Lab
Knoxville, TN

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amador,
Amanda
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:22 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Control Slides

Is there guidelines for how long special stains controls are good for once
they are cut?  We have spirochetes for our Steiner that is from 2007 and we
are having issues.

Amanda Amador, HT(ASCP)CM
AmeriPath | Histology Group Lead/Trainer |2560 N Shadeland Ave, Suite A |
Indianapolis, IN  46219 | phone 317.275.8052 |
aamador <@t> ameripath.com<mailto:aamador <@t> ameripath.com> |
www.AmeriPath.com<http://www.ameripath.com/>