[Histonet] barcode scanner for tissue cassette

Ryan, John P. jryan <@t> sleh.com
Wed Mar 9 16:22:24 CST 2011

Can anyone recommend a suitable barcode scanner that will work with the ThermoFisher Microwriter? I have 5 units that are currently using either a Symbol or a Cognex scanner that do not function appropriately. Requires multiple passes (4-6 if at all) of the 2D labeled cassette in order for the slide to print. Very seldom does it print on the 1st pass. When you are dealing with 500 - 700 cassettes there is no time for multiple passes. I don't know if it is the scanners, software or just settings. I have not had much success from the company regarding updating the scanners to help resolve this issue.

John Ryan
Assistant Administrative Director Pathology
832-355-2643 phone
832-355-4232 fax
jryan <@t> sleh.com<mailto:jryan <@t> sleh.com>

+++++CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE+++++
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged.   If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review,  dissemination or
copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from
your computer system. Thank you.