[Histonet] Re: Picro sirius red, fast green connective tissue stain

Itai Moshe itai.moshe <@t> mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Mar 8 02:36:45 CST 2011

Hi, John

The method is a two color staining method that stains collagen in red and
muscle fibers in green.
The filtration is in order to make the solution that is being used multiple
times and stored for a long period, more clear.
I've attached an article with an example (Fig2), that is done in the exact
way as i described before.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T9T-4T3KTBS-1&_user=626711&_coverDate=11/30/2008&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=gateway&_origin=gateway&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000032999&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=626711&md5=805ac6cd7adeb0d8284a07f0be44dcb8&searchtype=a
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T9T-4T3KTBS-1&_user=626711&_coverDate=11/30/2008&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=gateway&_origin=gateway&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000032999&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=626711&md5=805ac6cd7adeb0d8284a07f0be44dcb8&searchtype=a>

Itai