[Histonet] immuno stain for nerve in arterial wall

Young Kwun kwuny <@t> email.cs.nsw.gov.au
Sun Mar 6 20:20:17 CST 2011

Hi Cindy,

You would need to know what kinds of nerves your investigator is interested
in.
Sympathetic adrenergic nerves travel along arteries and nerves and are found
in the adventitia (outer wall of a blood vessel). Varicosities, which are
small enlargements along the nerve fibers, are the site of neurotransmitter
release.
Parasympathetic fibers are also found associated with blood vessels in
certain organs such as salivary glands, gastrointestinal glands, and in
genital erectile tissues.

If interested in both fibers, you could start with antibodies
(fluorescent-conjugated) such as Thyrosine hydroxylase, dopamine, serotonin,
substance P, Neuropeitide Y, acetylcholine, VIP, CGRP etc., etc..

Cheers,

Young

Young Kwun
Senior Hospital Scientist