[Histonet] How many tissues an histotech is suppose to cut per hour?

Jenny Vega histotech411 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 15:44:57 CST 2011

Hello everybody. Thanks for your replies. I did not expected so many answers
to my questions. Well today I talked to my supervisor about ways I could
improve the speed of my sectioning, and she and another co-worker pointed
out a couple of things that I have been doing that were wasting a lot of
time. To me they were "little things" but I stopped doing them today and I
was able to finish half- an hour earlier than I am used to. I still need to
improve the speed and cut more blocs per hour. I was able to cut about 20-25
an hour but I want to be able to cut more (30 and more)without sacrificing
the quality of the blocks. If I don't see the complete tissue on the slide I
go crazy.

We'll take care. Thanks.