[Histonet] RE: negative controls on immunos

Settembre, Dana settembr <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Mar 1 12:52:43 CST 2011

Yes, you should run negative controls with each run - today and tomorrow.
Something can happen in tomorrow's run so tomorrow's negative control
will have different issues from today's negative control.
The negative control should go through everything that your
slides go through, whether it's today's great run or
tomorrows electrical black out or whatever mishap.

Whenever you run a test you must have a positive control and a negative control.

Dana Settembre
Immunohistochemistry Lab
University Hospital - UMDNJ
Newark, NJ  07103
USA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of McMahon, Loralee A
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:30 PM
To: Diana McCaig; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: negative controls on immunos

We do not run additional negatives with each run on the same block.  If it was a different block then yes we would run a negative.
It takes up too many spaces on the machine and uses reagents.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology