[Histonet] Grossing benchmarks

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 09:51:50 CDT 2011

Read the attachments for the information you have requested.
René J.

--- On Thu, 6/30/11, aarondan <@t> telus.net <aarondan <@t> telus.net> wrote:

From: aarondan <@t> telus.net <aarondan <@t> telus.net>
Subject: [Histonet] Grossing benchmarks
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 9:59 AM

   Histonetters,

   I need help finding a reference for the amount of specimens/cases a PA
   should  be  able  to  gross  in a day.  We use the L4E system and have
   approxamately 10% Level 5 cases and 10% Level 6 cases.

   Also, have you found any references for the productivity benchmarks of
   a  Histo lab that performs gross, embedding, cutting, frozen sections,
   and special stains but not cytology or IHC?

   Thanks!!

   Danielle- PA/TechIII BSc/MLS