[Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cut per

Delossantos_Roseann Delossantos_Roseann <@t> Allergan.com
Tue Jun 28 18:34:41 CDT 2011

Hi,
I've worked in a histology contract service lab  where quality and quantity was our bottom line, and I worked on various tissues and large volume of blocks at a time with very short deadlines.  100 blocks just sectioning one slide each in one hour is ridiculous especially if you consider the tissue type, quality of processed tissue, and if you have to locate a specific area of interest.  Moving the block in and out of the cryostat/microtome and other tasks like trimming the edges and labeling slides takes time as well.  100 sections from one block with a tissue that is very nice and cooperative is possible in one hour, especially if you are dealing with paraffin ribbons.  Since we sold our slides, quality trumps quantity every time and even in research where I used to and currently work in, quality is still the goal.  Histology is an art.

Rose

</pre><P><FONT face="Verdana" color=blue size=1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: blue">
This e-mail, including any attachments, is meant only for the intended recipient and may be a confidential communication or a communication privileged by law.  If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately of the error by return e-mail and please delete this message from your system.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
</SPAN></FONT></P>