[Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cutper

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Mon Jun 27 09:38:13 CDT 2011

Another solution...get out of clinical and go into research =)  There are no quotas or slide per second expectations in the research world =)  So sorry you are having such a bad time with your job.  HT's are not a dime a dozen and usually it is fairly easy to find a better job.  Not to mention research pays almost double the clinical world!!
Good Luck!!

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100
Austin, Texas  78744
(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:43 AM
To: histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Fw: Re: [Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cutper

---

Joanne:
Read the attachment so you can have an idea about productivity ranges and averages in different tasks in the lab.
If you embedded 214 blocks and cut 148  in 5.5 hours, using the averages I provided, embedding should have taken 3.5 hours and cutting 6.2 hours which means you worked 1.76 times FASTER than the expected average.
René J.