[Histonet] Job Opening for Histotech/Pathology Lab Manager

Patty Dunlop pdunlop720 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:52:17 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am re-posting this opening from May.  If you have any questions about the
position, please respond to me.  Send any application materials to the email
listed at the end.

Thanks!

Patty

*
*

*Histotech Opening in Monterey, CA*

*Position Title*: Histotech/Pathology Laboratory Manager

*Location*: Physicians Office (GI) Pathology Laboratory in Monterey, CA

*Shift*:  Full Time, M – F.  Hours are somewhat flexible and must coordinate
with pathologists’ schedules.

*Job Details:*

We are looking for an experienced Histology Tech, who will be accountable
for operation of our single-tech histology laboratory, and maintain high
quality and cost-effective services.  This position requires someone who is
reliable, hard working, able to work independently and exhibits a strong
attention to detail. The Histology tech will perform all duties related to
the preparation of surgical GI specimens to be examined by pathologists.
This includes but is not limited to:**

·         Tissue Processing (microwave)

·         Embedding

·         Microtomy

·         H&E (automated) and Special Staining (manual)

·         Cover-slipping (manual)

Also performs all duties related to laboratory management, including
equipment care and maintenance, inventory/ordering, archiving of specimens,
recordkeeping, etc.

*We are a formalin-free and xylene-free laboratory.

*Job Requirements:*

Ability to work with no supervision

HT or HTL (ASCP) certification required

At least 3 years experience working in histology with little or no
supervision

Available to start in June 2011

*Compensation:  *

Competitive salary, health benefits and 401(k)

*To apply*:

*Please submit resume t*o Helayne Williams at hwilliams <@t> montereygi.com