[Histonet] Ventana's HER2 Dual ISH DNA Probe Cocktail

Bell, Lynne Lynne.Bell <@t> cvmc.org
Mon Jun 20 12:28:39 CDT 2011

Ventana just received FDA approval for the first fully automated diagnostic assay for HER2 gene status determination in breast cancer patients.

I do not have a Ventana immunostainer and from what I have been told, it is a closed system and this new probe cocktail could not be used on another stainer, such as the Dako.

Is anyone out there in HistoLand using this new cocktail and am I correct that it would not work using the Dako Autostainer.

A Ventana rep may contact me with this information also.

Lynne Bell, HT (ASCP)
Histology Team Leader
Central Vermont Medical Center
Barre, Vermont  05641