[Histonet] DAPI staining methacrylate sections

Jesus Hernandez jesus.w.hdz <@t> gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:36:31 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I am in a rush to finish my master's thesis, but I needed to know
exactly if it was possible to stain methacrylate embedded sections
with DAPI and if so does anyone have a method for this? I am currently
looking at cell distribution within these scaffold constructs that I
have produced. The duration of the study is for 4 weeks. I am using
HEPM (Human Embryonic Palatal Mesenchymal) cells. After staining, I
will analyze the number of cells within this scaffold construct to
count / estimate how many cells actually survived as well as the
distance they were able to migrate using Bioquant. If anyone has an
answer please do not hesitate to respond. Thank you.

Thanks,

Jesse Hernandez

University of Texas - San Antonio
One UTSA Circle, San Antonio TX 78249