[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 91, Issue 21; Keeping Histo room floor clean? (JR R)

Turner, Leandra LTurner1 <@t> seton.org
Wed Jun 15 10:52:38 CDT 2011

Hi,
We use sticky floor mats from market lab that help to collect any stray
paraffin.  We use a scraper from market lab, it has a long handle so you
don't have to stoop over, to scrap up any paraffin that did not land on
the maps.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Mayer,Toysha N
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:17 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 91, Issue 21; Keeping Histo
room floor clean? (JR R)

I will call myself old school and say, a slide works well and can be
disposed of in the broken glass box.
Now you can get your housekeeping dept to just shower scrub your floor
and not put wax on it.  But the putty knife, especially on a broom or
mop handle is great, and easier on the knees and back.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions