[Histonet] Submission of tonsils to pathology

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Tue Jun 7 11:09:32 CDT 2011

Years ago, when I was in clinical histology, this was an issue being
debated by our staff.  We had processed thousands of tonsils, and never
had a significant diagnosis.  They were leaning in the direction of
going "gross only", when guess what - a lymphoma in a routine tonsil
from a 14 year old.  So we continued microscopic evaluation on all
tonsils.  I have now been out of clinical, working in research, for
quite a few years, so the policy may have changed since then.