[Histonet] MOHS daily flow...

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Tue Jul 26 12:52:45 CDT 2011

That is very interesting.  A friend had a procedure done last week and they kept him on the table until they were done.  he did not go back to a waiting area. Is this common?

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Nicole Tatum
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:40 PM
To: Bauer, Karen L.; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] MOHS daily flow...

Karen

The number of patients depends on the surgeon. Some do 4-15 per day. It
also depends on how many rooms you have to see patients.

For the most part, Lets say you had two rooms available. and had 6
patients scheduled.  schedule pt 15-20 mimutes apart.

Bring first two in at same time. Doctor can get layers bandage pateints
and place them in a waiting area. Next two patients come in get prepared
and layers are taken. Place in waiting area.

Next patients are brought in. layers taken. Place in waiting area.

Each specmen after layer is taken is brought in lab. Mohs tech should be
able to complete each case within 15-20minutes. Slides are placed for doc
to read. Once he has taken all layers he can begin to read ready cases and
take layers or begin closures. Pateints layers are taken and then they are
placed back in waiting areas. This will continue until are patients are
done.

Tissue is grossed before it is placed in cryo.  Two slides should be cut
per peice of tissue. Not per case. We place 3 sections on each slide. Each
section is a little deeper then the one before. We start at the frosted
end.  A great fast effecient tech should be able to handle 10-15 cases per
day.   I hope this helps.

Nicole Tatum HT ASCP