[Histonet] NBF waste disposal

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 14:50:44 CDT 2011

I have tried ALL available neutralizing agents in the market and ALL of them test positive for formalin after the neutralization is completed.
I would not dump any "neutralized" formalin down the drain. After all those tests I ended returning to my reliable method of having someone to haul it out even when, according to the Florida law, I am liable for it no matter who takes care of dispose of it.
René J.

--- On Fri, 7/22/11, Campbell, Sharon <scampbell <@t> celligent.net> wrote:

From: Campbell, Sharon <scampbell <@t> celligent.net>
Subject: [Histonet] NBF waste disposal
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, July 22, 2011, 1:01 PM

Happy Friday everyone,
I am currently researching ways to dispose of NBF waste. I would like to know if you are neutralizing the waste and then putting it down the drain or if you are shipping it off to be handled by another company. I am looking for the best and most cost effective way to handle this waste. We are not in a position to reclaim the formalin as space is not available for the still.
Thank you for your help on this.

Sharon Campbell

Sharon Campbell HT, HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor