[Histonet] Light microscopy to get orientation for fluorescent

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:03:04 CDT 2011

Hi Otto,
     It is common to use DAPI as basically a fluorescent counter stain for
this. It labels nucleii in a blue band with so it shouldn't interfere with
other (red green) labeling. Vector makes a fluorescent mounting media that
contains DAPI and it is really simple to just put the coverslip on right
after you finish and it's done.

Amos

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 18:01:05 +1200
From: Otto Strauss <olstrauss <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Light microscopy to get orientation for
       fluorescent
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

I am trying to do fluorescent immunohistochemistry on liver tissue.
Unfortunately because the liver is such a homogenous tissue it is difficult
to get an appropriate orientation with just fluoroscopic views.

I was wondering if there is a way of staying with non fluorescent dyes(like
H&E) so that I can get a picture with light microscopy, to have orientation
within the liver when viewing it with fluorescent microscopy?

Regards.

Otto
Auckland
NZ