[Histonet] RE: Meditech Downtime

Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Fri Jul 15 13:40:54 CDT 2011

Amy,
Happy Friday to you!!!
We normally stamp our requisitions with a number and when accessioning we tell Meditech what the number is rather than Meditech assigning a number to the case.  So, when there is a down time, we continue stamping the requisitions, labeling the specimens, making the cassettes and grossing in.  After Meditech comes back up, we accession all the specimens at once.
Hope this helps.
Wanda

WANDA G. SMITH, HTL(ASCP)HT
Pathology Supervisor
TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER
9330 Medical Plaza Drive
Charleston, SC  29406
843-847-4586
843-847-4296 fax

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amy Self
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 2:00 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Meditech Downtime

Happy Friday Histonetters,

For those of you on Meditech Pathology Module or any other pathology computer system what procedure do you follow for down time?   Do you have a time frame that you go by for the amount of time that the computer system will be down for before you start doing everything manually?  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks in advance for your help,   Amy
.
NOTE:
 The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.