[Histonet] Autoclave water

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Thu Jul 14 11:55:16 CDT 2011

Have you tried glass lids?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel Sjolander
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:51 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Autoclave water

Same with deionized, filtered water?

/daniel

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM, <sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We are having an issue with water (Millipore filtered and tap is the
> same problem).  We put the water into glass pyrex jars (the kind with
> the orange lid) and autoclave.  After they are done there are tiny
> little naked eye visible particles of stuff floating in the water.  It
> shimmers and almost looks like small shards of glass?  We bought new
> jars and it seemed to be fine for awhile, but the particles are
> back...any ideas??
>
> Thanks
>

> Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
>
> Histotechnologist
>
> Mirna Therapeutics
>
> 2150 Woodward Street
>
> Suite 100
>
> Austin, Texas  78744
>
> (512)901-0900 ext. 6912

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Somerset Medical Center
and are intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in this
message is confidential and may contain privileged, confidential,
proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or
exemption from disclosure under applicable law.  Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error
by e-mail or you may call Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk
at 908-685-2200, ext. 4050.

Be sure to visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site -
www.somersetmedicalcenter.com - for the most up-to-date news,
event listings, health information and more.