[Histonet] confocal questions: mixing fluorescent dyes with proteins

Andrea T. Hooper andreahooper <@t> rocketmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:13:43 CDT 2011

It will depend on how your scope is configured. On our system, when using the three you have outlined I routinely use CY5 or Alexa633 (or equivalent in far red category) on our scope. It's actually my personal favorite. If you have any doubts check out the spectral viewer on Invitrogen and also BD Bioscience's website.

--- On Wed, 7/13/11, Tyrone Genade <tgenade <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Tyrone Genade <tgenade <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] confocal questions: mixing fluorescent dyes with proteins
To: "histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 11:23 AM

Hello,

I'm working on a Zeiss confocal microscope. We use chiefly Alexa488
and Cy3 together with Hoechst 33258. Can anyone suggest a fluorescent
protein which can be discerned amongst the Alexa488, Cy3 and Hoechst
33258 emission spectra? I was thinking maybe mBanana?

Thanks
--
Tyrone Genade
email: tgenade <@t> gmail.com