[Histonet] What is a great manual mirotome

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Tue Jul 12 14:51:41 CDT 2011

I actually use a Microm HM315 and have never had issues with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of jsjurczak <@t> comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:47 PM
To: Patrick Laurie
Cc: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] What is a great manual mirotome

We have tried the Leicas thru the years and found that post 2030's that our arms were not long enough to turn the handwheel without completely straightening our elbows. This led to soreness in our elbows. Their microtomes kept getting larger and larger with the handwheel further back. The 2125 solves that problem for us. We really like ours.