[Histonet] restaining method of wright-giemsa stained peripheral blood slides

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 08:57:55 CDT 2011

Prepare a 1% alcoholic (100 EthOL) solution of acetic acid and immerse (one by one) the smears in it untilll all the color leaches out.
Wash them thoroughly in distilled water, and restain them as usual with your Wright-Giemsa solution.René J.

--- On Mon, 7/11/11, Shahram Sabeti <sabeti_shahram <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Shahram Sabeti <sabeti_shahram <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] restaining method of wright-giemsa stained peripheral blood slides
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:24 PM

dear fellows,
    I have some precious blood slides at hand but with a major problem,pallor, because all of them are unmounted and a long time has elapsed from their preparation .their restaining was frightening for me because a fault could result in  their deterioration.
   do you have any experience in this respect.thank you in advance for your help.
sincerely yours,
sabeti