[Histonet] pan B-cell marker for frozen mouse tissue

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:02:43 CDT 2011

B220 is a pretty good B-cell marker, although you're right that it's not
restricted to the B-cell lineage. It's also expressed in some T-cells and NK
cells, for example. Cells that are double positive for B220 and IgG or IgM
are B-cells almost exclusively. CD19 is a good marker for mature B-cells,
although pre-pro B cells do not express CD19. If you're looking at any organ
other than bone marrow or spleen, there shouldn't be many pre-pro B cells
and you can probably just use CD19.

Adam