[Histonet] water

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 10:55:29 CDT 2011

Distilled water is nothing more than water without salts or ions. How do you get to that is irrelevant as long as the water, at the end, is "pure".
Now days it is frequent to distinguish between "distilled" (meaning that the water first was evaporated using a heat source and later was condensated by removing the heat from the water vapor) and "deionized" (meaning that the ions were removed chemically), but the final product ("pure" water) is the same and completely interchangeable for IHC or any other purpose.
René J.

--- On Mon, 7/11/11, Cynthia Pyse <cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com> wrote:

From: Cynthia Pyse <cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com>
Subject: [Histonet] water
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:41 AM

Hi Histonetters

I have 2 tech off on vacation so I thought I would take the easy way this
time. Does anyone know the difference between distilled water system and the
reverse osmosis water system? Could if effect the IHC staining by using one
or the other? Usually I would research it myself but it has be crazy around
here lately. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cindy

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)

Laboratory/Histology Supervisor

X-Cell Laboratories