[Histonet] Routine H & E stain,

amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com
Thu Jul 7 23:10:02 CDT 2011

We are using Xylene sulphur free- LR grade( from Rankem, India). I don't
know about its synthetic nature but i will inquire this to manufacture.
Mountant DPX from Merck .

Do you have any suggestion on this combination?

Thanks for all your feed back.

Amita

From:   <sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com>
To:     <amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com>
Cc:     <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date:   07/07/11 07:10 PM
Subject:        RE: [Histonet] Routine H & E stain,

I have always used Harris and have not experienced this problem?  I do
buy mine pre-made from VWR (cat#-95057-858).  I agree with the xylene
comment, also what mounting media are you using?  The mounting media can
fade your stain over time as well.
Good Luck!

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist