[Histonet] RE: Specimen Collection Instructions

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Thu Jul 7 14:36:15 CDT 2011

We have the basic specimen requirements (taken from our procedure manuals) from each of the Lab areas, and place them in a binder for each of the Nursing units. So whether it is a fluid or a tissue specimen, or if it requires special handling or collection, it is in this manual. If something arrives collected improperly, the unit manager is notified and a specimen incident report is generated.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Pence
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:55 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Specimen Collection Instructions

How has everyone handled this  question GEN.40104 Instructions are distributed to physicians and paramedical personnel for proper collection, handling, transportation, and preparation of cytologic and tissue specimens.

I feel this question is asking me to spell out to a Dr how to collect his/her specimens. To me this is like telling him/her how to practice medicine.

I hope someone would like to share what you have seen that works.

Thanks, Mike

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Somerset Medical Center
and are intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in this
message is confidential and may contain privileged, confidential,
proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or
exemption from disclosure under applicable law.  Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error
by e-mail or you may call Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk
at 908-685-2200, ext. 4050.

Be sure to visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site -
www.somersetmedicalcenter.com - for the most up-to-date news,
event listings, health information and more.