[Histonet] RE: Brigati Stable DAB

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Tue Jul 5 18:13:37 CDT 2011

I have found the following very easy to use (an in-house method):

Principle:

The peroxidase enzyme coupled to the ABC Complex is demonstrated using hydrogen peroxide as a substrate and 3,3 diaminobenzidine (DAB) as the electron acceptor.  This causes polymerisation of the DAB resulting in a solvent resistant precipitate.  All histochemical counterstains (except those containing a yellow or brown dye) can be used.
Solutions:

1.	3,3, Diaminobenzidine Tetrahydrochloride Grade II (Sigma D5637).

2.	Tris Buffer-Wash

3.	30% Hydrogen Peroxidase

4.	DAB Stock Solutions
Caution Irritant
1.	Weigh out 2g DAB in a fume hood
2.	Dissolve in 50ml Tris Buffer-Wash
3.	Label fifty 1ml reagent vials
4.	Aliquot 0.5ml DAB solution in each tube
5.	Freeze and Store at -20oC

5.	DAB Working Solution:
1.	Defrost one vial of DAB Stock.
2.	Add to 50ml Tris Buffer-Wash
3.	Add 50μl Hydrogen Peroxide
4.	Incubate slides for 5-7min until sections appear brown

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA