[Histonet] School Program Director Position

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 04:47:11 CDT 2011

I’m planning on retiring September 2012 (next year). Our hospital (William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan) is currently looking for someone to co-teach with me for the next year. We train 2 HT and 4 HTL each year. The program director does all the lectures and labs for histotechnology, immunology (IHC and IF), electron microscope, muscle enzyme histochemistry, molecular pathology, shares responsibility with the MT program director for education methodology and management classes, and does research/process improvement projects with the students, which they then write up as PowerPoints and present to the residents, pathologists and techs.

We’re looking for someone with:
- HTL(ASCP)
- Baccalaureate degree (BA or BS) minimum
- 5 years histotechnology experience minimum
- 3 years teaching experience minimum (including preparing presentations, and writing goals,objectives and exams)

For more information, go to the Careers Page on the NSH website
www.nsh.org
- On middle, right side, under Quick Link, click on Careers Center (I don’t know if you have to “register” yourself at this time)
- Under Job Seeker, click on View Jobs
- Click on Program Director, Schools of Histotechnology, posted on 06/30/11

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Program Director
Schools of Histotechnology
William Beaumont Hospital