[Histonet] LEAN Processes/ new lab

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 10:38:39 CST 2011

1-Make sure that your instruments are located in the same sequence as your procedure allowing the readily transfer of specimens between them.
2-Get a tissue processor and processing protocol that will allow you to spend the same time preparing and processing the specimens, as the time it takes you to finish the slides.
3-Write cassettes and slides automatic, and reader for both in each cutting station.
4-Automate staining (all types) and coverslipping, and
5-Delegate all non technical tasks to assistants
René J.

--- On Fri, 1/28/11, Nancy Schmitt <nancy_schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com> wrote:

From: Nancy Schmitt <nancy_schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com>
Subject: [Histonet] LEAN Processes/ new lab
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, January 28, 2011, 9:47 AM

Hi Histonetters-
I am looking for input, pros and cons or anything else you can offer.  We are designing a new histology lab to move to and I am interested in how others have handled this along with using LEAN processes.  What would you do differently?  What would you do the same?  Are you in the tri-state (IA, WI, MN) area and open to visitors?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts-

Nancy Schmitt MLT, HT (ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
United Clinical Laboratories
Dubuque, IA

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.