[Histonet] (no subject)

BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
Wed Jan 26 14:50:17 CST 2011

Back in the day when I was trying to decide which school to pick for my
scholarship monies, I had a choice of the Med Tech program, the Cytology
program or the Histotechnology program. I had absolutely no idea what
Histology was but that is the program I choose. One of the best decisions I
ever made. I have never, ever, ever been bored with this field.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.)
AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital
609-653-3590

Speak only well of people and you need never whisper

             <sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.
             com>
             histonet-bounces@         <candice_camille <@t> yahoo.com>,
             lists.utsouthwest         <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
             ern.edu                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/26/2011 03:42          RE: [Histonet] (no subject)
             PM

Of course as most of us would say...histology rocks!!  Most histotechs
also do cytology is most hospital settings.  The only difference is that
cytotechs actually have to screen the slides that the histo people
prepare.  I think that cytologists make slightly more money...but
histology is way more fun!!  I would say maybe try and go visit a lab
that has both types of techs there and see what looks like it would fit
you best.
Good luck!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist