[Histonet] Storing Acetic Acid

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 14:57:53 CST 2011

Check the MSDS, they should contain storage guidelines. Just follow them
René J.

--- On Fri, 1/21/11, Laurie Colbert <laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com> wrote:

From: Laurie Colbert <laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Storing Acetic Acid
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, January 21, 2011, 3:48 PM

I am trying to find out how to store acetic acid.  We were storing it in
our acid cabinet with the other acids, but we were inspected by the fire
department last week and they said that acetic acid is flammable and a
corrosive and that it should be stored with the flammables.  But my
manager is saying that you can't store corrosives and alcohols together,
so I'm not sure where it should actually be stored (other than in some
cabinet all by itself)!

Laurie Colbert