[Histonet] Animal tissue processing

Gill, Caula A. cgill <@t> marylandgeneral.org
Thu Jan 20 13:01:12 CST 2011

Thanks everyone the info really helps. At this time we are not sure of
the exact type of tissue but I do know that it is for research. I'll
check on the regulations if any about running them together.

Thanks again,
Those in the northeast happy snow!!!!
-----Original Message-----
From: BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org [mailto:BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:57 AM
To: Gill, Caula A.
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu;
histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Animal tissue processing

Caula,
 I have processed my fair share of animal tissue and I used the same
reagents and times that I used for human tissue. With some animal organ
tissue there is the possibility of drying so you need to be careful and
watch out for that. You would adjust your times accordingly.
 I, because of circumstances, always had the animal tissue on their own
run. I do not know if there are any regulations that specifically states
this. Never heard of any. I'm sure our veterinary crowd can answer that
best.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.) AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital 609-653-3590

Speak only well of people and you need never whisper

             "Gill, Caula A."

             <cgill <@t> marylandge

             neral.org>
             Sent by:
             histonet-bounces@
cc
             lists.utsouthwest

             ern.edu
Subject
                                       [Histonet] Animal tissue
processing

             01/20/2011 11:48

             AM

Hi All,
I work in a hospital where we process human tissue. As a favor to a
friend the pathologist would like us to process animal tissue. My
questions are could we process the animal tissue on the same processor
with the human tissue? And Are there different processing times and
reagents for animal tissue? Thanks for any help you can give........

Caula (HT)