[Histonet] cryojane slide residue

louise renton louise.renton <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:59:12 CST 2011

Hello alll!

I am just starting to learn about cutting cryojane sections. I was given a
sample of "starfrost 4x" and 5x as part of the installation. It is my
understanding that these are more"adhesive" than the ordinary "snowcoat"
slides. HOWEVER, when i used these i noticed that there was a residue on the
slide that stained up with eosin in a rather messy way. Is this normal? Can
I get rid of it somehow?

Also....I am trying to cut sections of hydroxy apatite bone substitute on
the cryostat. Even with the tape transfer method the implant disintigrates -
is there any way to prevent this?

looking forward to some answers

best regards

--